Classroom at Love Green Permaculture Oudeberg.
The Love Green Urban Permaculture site at Oudeberg Permaculture Farm is a unique set-up in the South African context, where genuine commercial scale Regenerative farming operations that a properly established permaculture systems can be counted on one hand.
Please have a look at the pages on this website for details of the farm itself, which has been under transformation into a Regenerative farm since late 2014 and progress has been rapid and highly effective. There is still much to be done before all niches in the system are filled and the system reaches maturity but at this stage, it is a thriving and diverse system with a range of interesting elements and systems that can be transferred into any permaculture context.
The site will be the base for the course and will provide all the training systems, examples and practical sites we require. Because it is a productive farm most of the food on the course will be produced from the systems and participants will have the unique opportunity to live in and interface with a broad range of ecosystemic production systems and infrastructures.
The course will be a residential course, meaning all staff and students will be living together on the farm in our range of accommodation options, which will allow us to build a small ecological learning community for 2 weeks, giving everyone a sense of life in a permaculture system. All meals will be provided as it is a fully catered course, which will be vegetarian and organic. The menus are designed to use seasonal food, to keep energy levels high and people a healthy opportunity to live off conscious cooking by Conscious Food Master, Larissa Green.
There is a range of accommodation options from comfortable cottage stay in restored earth buildings to tented camping, aimed to suit all budgets. The accommodation area is well integrated into close proximity to the hub of the farm and the training area, keeping everyone together in a community context. Please read further down the page for various options and pricing.
The course is alcohol-free and all personal care items will be provided for as we do not allow any non-organic personal care products or alcohol onto the farm. See this as an opportunity to experience conscious living, a doorway into a post-consumer society. If people wish to go out and have a drink or a meal then Montagu is an easy 20-minute drive away, along a good road.
We will be involved in practical design tasks as well as implementing a food forest on the course, with the farm providing a wide diversity of contexts to learn directly from.
Implementing a Food Forest during a course
The thirteen-day course costs are R11000 which includes the following…
– Vegetarian breakfast, lunch, dinner & teas
– Flashdrive with course data pre-loaded., course materials, & field trips.
– Accommodation costs are not included-See below
Course Accommodation at Oudeberg
- Most accommodation is shared unless you want to camp. There is only one single unit available. The shared accommodation is single gender unless for a couple so availability will also be determined by first in bookings. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Camping can also accommodate couples and we have two rooms that can be either twin or a double.
- We supply fitted sheets and some extra blankets are available.
- All other bedding must be brought with and there is an option to rent a bedding set (only 3 available at R50/d) for the duration of the course.
- Please bring your own towels.
- Basic organic and biodegradable hair and bodywash and toothpaste will be provided. Please ensure all other products are organic and biodegradable (sunscreen etc)
- Please bring organic and biodegrable soap for laundry- handwash option only.
- Ablutions are shared with outdoor showers and dry composting toilets.
- All rooms are solar powered and there will be dedicated charging stations. This is limited to computers and small electronic devices and batteries.
- Please ensure you have a good torch with rechargeable batteries.
- As all meals are catered for, please limit the amount of food you bring on site and ensure you have a well-sealed container that can hold all your snacks.
- All buildings are shoeless except the toilets.
All prices are per person for 13 nights
Camping R910 (R70p.d)
Bring your town tent, ground sheet, mattresses and bedding and lighting. Can accommodate sharing. No camp cookers please.
Caravan R1040 (R80p.d)
A shared caravan with two built in single beds and some cupboard space.
Wooden cottage R1300 (R100p.d)
A shared wooden cottage with single beds and pedestals and cupboards
Cottage Room Single R1950 (R150p.d)
A renovated room with small shaded stoep, single bed , pedestal and cupboard
Cottage rooms R1690 (R130p.d
Renovated old cottages or stables with single beds, pedestals and cupboards
2 x 2 sleeper (twin or double)
1 x 3 sleeper
To book accommodation please email your preferences to email@example.com once you have booked for the course.
50% deposit is required on booking with final payment made before the commencement of the course.
Deposits can only be refunded if it is cancelled prior to the course booking and deposit payment cut-off date, thereafter it is non-refundable.
Accommodation is booked on a first come first serve.
You have the option to stay over on the last day of the course and you will need to book this as an extra. A light dinner and a light breakfast will also be served at R50 per meal. Please remember to add this to your booking.
HOW TO BOOK:
Because space is at a premium in the training environments we will only be taking 18 participants. The course fills up quickly so please confirm your place with a deposit.
Contact us to request your booking form for the course itself via email.
Your place is confirmed ONLY on receipt of your deposit. Your deposit covers the implementation costs of the course. Deposits are only refundable up to 1 March. If you cancel after this date and we are able to place someone else on the course to take your place we will refund your deposit. The course fills up quickly and generally a month before the course it is full and you will be put on a waiting list in case of cancellations.
Please contact us by email as this is most easily accessed by us on the farm as we have no phones in our homes or cell phone signal. If you cannot mail, please try the number below:
(023) 111 0042 (if you get the answering machine, please leave a message)
Learn to love